Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 15: Oven Roasted Potatoes

Please, accept my apologies for not posting over the weekend!  If you're a regular reader, you know that I normally only post during the week, so sometimes doing one on the weekends for my series is a challenge.  This weekend was especially packed, so I haven't even been on the computer for more than about 5 minutes since Friday.  Don't worry, I'll make up for it by back-posting :)

This potato recipe is a great way to eat potatoes, as it's healthy, easy, and delicious!  Really, oven roasted potatoes are perfect for any time of year, but I especially like to pair them with pork dishes, which are a great fall food.

Roasted Rosemary-Onion Potatoes
Printable Version

4 medium potatoes (1 1/3 pounds)
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Heat oven to 450F.  Line rimmed baking sheet with foil and grease.  Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks.  Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.  Add potatoes; toss to coat.  Spread potatoes in single layer in pan.  Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until potatoes are light brown and tender when pierced with a fork.

source: Betty Crocker's Cookbook

1 comment:

  1. Yum I love roasted potatoes but didn't know how to cook them! And I really like rosemary so these sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!