Thursday, January 17, 2013

Mallory is 3

I shared yesterday about Isabella turning four, and today it's Mallory's turn.  Never in my wildest imagination did I think my first two children would be born just one year and twelve days apart, right after Christmas!  It's a busy time of year for us, but lots of fun.  Somehow it always sneaks up on me and I'm obviously behind in writing about it.



Anyhow...

Mallory turned 3 last week and we had a fun day celebrating her.  She requested a smoothie for breakfast, cheese chips for lunch {tortilla chips with melted cheese}, and pizza, NOT homemade, veggies and dip for dinner.  We topped it off with strawberry cake.  Mallory is definitely our fruit and veggie lover.  Turning 3 in our household also means being able to chew gum, so she has definitely made her way through at least one pack of gum this week.

What is Mallory like at 3 years old?

-Independent.  She wants to do everything 'by myself'.  She has even started dressing herself, without any instruction, which is very helpful.  She also buckles herself into the carseat, another huge help to me!

-Funny.  This girl has a sense of humor and is pretty quick with comebacks.  She keeps us laughing and makes everything more fun.

-Sensitive.  She can get her feelings hurt pretty easily, but she's also quick to comfort others when they are sad, hurt, or upset.

-BINGO lover.  The girls got BINGO recently and Mallory loves it!  It's really helping her to identify her numbers, so she's having fun and learning at the same time.

-Hugger.  Wow, this girl can give some awesome hugs!  She wraps her arms as tight as she can around our necks and hangs on for dear life.  I hope she never gets tired of this.

We love our girl!  She has fun with her sister, but it's also great to get Mallory one-on-one.  It's during those times that she opens up and talks to us.  We're learning more and more what each of our children needs from us in the way of love and attention.  This parenting thing sure is the hugest learning curve I've ever had!  But, oh. how. worth. it.







4 comments:

  1. YAH for birthdays! Felix's is Dec. 2nd and it always sneaks up and is usually too busy with Christmas events to really be celebrated - makes me sad. I need to get better at that!
    I like your pictures...please post more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read about my grandchildren. Miss Mallory is also a fearless swinger! Happy birthday, Honey Girl. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure would love one of those hugs right now!! Please give her one from Nini! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like Malls had a fun birthday celebration! Caleb and I always refer to good hugs as "Mallory hugs" - she is really the best hugger! It has been so fun to see her personality come out more and more - and learn how funny she really is!! We miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!