Saturday, October 4, 2014

Day 4 :: We are never forsaken (A Puritan Prayer)


"I bless thee for tempering every distress with joy;
         too much of the former might weigh me down,
         too much of the latter might puff me up;
Thou art wise to give me a taste of both.
I love thee
         for giving me clusters of grapes in the wilderness,
         and drops of heavenly wine
                 that set me longing to have my fill.
Apart from thee I quickly die,
         bereft of thee I starve,
         far from thee I thirst and droop;
But thou art all I need.
Let me continually grasp the promise,
        'I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.' "
                                               -excerpt from The Valley of Vision-



Today, may you be reminded that God will never forsake you. May you rejoice in the wisdom of God to give you all things.  May you taste of the heavenly and long for Jesus.  Whether you are in want or enjoying plenty, He is all you need.  Run to Him today and bless the Lord.




This is Day 4 of a 31 series, Made to Pour: Living a life of Blessing.  For a list of all posts in this series click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!